So I have the LG 65C8 with WebOS 4.x and had a little trouble getting it to play nicely with my Sonos system, particularly the Soundbar and the included LG “Magic Remote”. A little web help and some fooling around with the following instructions got everything working, and the Soundbar happy in the new ecosystem
- Plug the optical port into the LG set
- Go to Universal Remote Control for your LG TV and then choose Soundbar -> Manufacturer -> Philips
- Choose Remote type 4 (maybe 3 some have said, but 4 worked for me, aside from a slower 1 at a time vol up/down instead of continuous up-up-up when mashing the key, may try 3 later)
- Once that’s done, go to the Sonos app and go to Rooms -> More -> Settings -> Room Settings -> Choose the room for your PLAYBAR/PLAYBASE > Remote (under TV) and hit Remote Control Setup
- If it’s your first time there, you may need to enable IR etc.
- If you already had a remote, hit the “Replace current Remote”
This should get the Magic Remote working for your LG WebOS enable TV. Have fun!!